Bar Scholarships and Mentoring:
- New Mexico Black Lawyers Association. The New Mexico Black Lawyers Association offers bar exam financial assistance and guidance. Priority is given to minority applicants, but the application process is open to all.
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association. The New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association Foundation and the New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association are proud to support students of the UNM School of Law by providing bar scholarships. UNM law students may apply for bar scholarships to assist with the expenses related to bar exam courses or to help defray other costs and help students focus on studying for the bar exam rather than working. Bar scholarships are open to 3Ls taking the New Mexico Bar in either February or July.
- New Mexico Women’s Bar Association. The New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, a state-wide voluntary bar association open to all attorneys, provides two $1,000 bar preparation scholarship to those law school graduates, without regard to gender or gender identity, who plan to take the bar exam.
Military Spouse Fee Reimbursement:
New Mexico Lawyers and Judges Assistance Program (NMJLAP). NMJLAP is a free service for all members of the New Mexico bench and bar, bar applicants, and law students. NMJLAP offers confidential professional and peer assistance to help individuals identify and address problems with alcohol and other drugs, depression, and other mental health/emotional disorders. NMJLAP endeavors to improve the well-being of its members through support and early intervention and educational programs designed to enhance resiliency, and to help reduce the public harm caused by impaired members of the legal profession. NMJLAP services are confidential, and are not reported to the Board of Bar Examiners without applicant permission.
Online Study Materials:
Research & Publications:
- Mark A. Albanese, Essay and MPT Grading: Does Spread Really Matter?, The Bar Examiner Dec. 2016
- C. Beth Hill, MBE Test Development, The Bar Examiner Sept. 2015
- Judith A. Gundersen, MEE and MPT Test Development, The Bar Examiner June 2015
- Judith A. Gundersen, Essay Grading Fundamentals, The Bar Examiner Mar. 2015
- Kellie R. Early, The UBE: The Policies Behind the Portability, The Bar Examiner Sept. 2011
- Susan M. Case, The Uniform Bar Examination: What’s in It for Me?, The Bar Examiner Feb. 2010
- Susan M. Case, Coming Together: The UBE, The Bar Examiner Aug. 2009
- Advisory Committee on the Uniform Bar Examination (New York), Ensuring Standards and Increasing Opportunities for the Next Generation of New York Attorneys, Apr. 2015
- Stephen P. Klein, Ph.D. and Roger Bolus, Ph.D., Analysis of July 2004 Texas Bar Exam Results By Gender and Racial/Ethnic Group, June 2006
- Katherine A. Austin, Catherine Martin Christopher & Darby Dickerson, Will I Pass the Bar Exam?: Predicting Student Success Using LSAT Scores and Law School Performance, 45 Hofstra Law Review, Forthcoming