(505) 271-9706 info@nmexam.org

Non-US law degree

Index Forums UBE Transfer Questions Non-US law degree

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lita Sandoval 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #1587

    Lita Sandoval

    Can I transfer my UBE score to New Mexico if I got my law degree from a university outside of the US? What if I received an LLM in the US?

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Lita Sandoval.

    Lita Sandoval

    The Rules Governing Admission for New Mexico state that:

    Every applicant shall have the burden of establishing to the satisfaction of the board that the applicant possesses [] the following qualifications:

    … (2) is a graduate with a juris doctor or bachelor of laws and letters degree (at the time of the bar examination for which application is made or at the time of application for admission by transferred Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) score) of a law school formally accredited by the American Bar Association or is a graduate of any law school who has been engaged in the practice of law in another state of states for at least four (4) of the six (6) years immediately preceding the person’s application for admission to practice in New Mexico…. Rule 15-103(B) NMRA.

    A law degree earned outside of the United States will not qualify you for admission in New Mexico unless you meet the practice requirement described above. Further, an LLM is not one of the qualifying degrees listed in the rule.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  smartin.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.