Bar Scholarships and Mentoring:
- Indian Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico. The Indian Law Section offers the ILS Bar Preparation Scholarship. This scholarship was established to help defray the costs of bar examination application fees and preparation courses for third-year UNM law students who intend to take the New Mexico Bar and practice Indian Law. The 2016 application will be available in January 2016, and the ILS aims to make awards by the end of March/mid-April.
- New Mexico Black Lawyers Association. The New Mexico Black Lawyers Association offers bar exam financial assistance and guidance. Priority is given to minority applicants, but the application process is open to all.
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association. The New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association Foundation and the New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association are proud to support students of the UNM School of Law by providing bar scholarships. UNM law students may apply for bar scholarships to assist with the expenses related to bar exam courses or to help defray other costs and help students focus on studying for the bar exam rather than working. Bar scholarships are open to 3L’s taking the New Mexico Bar either in February or July.
Throughout the year, Board staff give interactive presentations on the application process and taking the bar examination. Please check our calendar, where upcoming presentations will be listed as they are scheduled.
Online Study Materials:
Research & Publications:
- Mark A. Albanese, Essay and MPT Grading: Does Spread Really Matter?, The Bar Examiner Dec. 2016
- C. Beth Hill, MBE Test Development, The Bar Examiner Sept. 2015
- Judith A. Gundersen, MEE and MPT Test Development, The Bar Examiner June 2015
- Judith A. Gundersen, Essay Grading Fundamentals, The Bar Examiner Mar. 2015
- Kellie R. Early, The UBE: The Policies Behind the Portability, The Bar Examiner Sept. 2011
- Susan M. Case, The Uniform Bar Examination: What’s in It for Me?, The Bar Examiner Feb. 2010
- Susan M. Case, Coming Together: The UBE, The Bar Examiner Aug. 2009
- Advisory Committee on the Uniform Bar Examination (New York), Ensuring Standards and Increasing Opportunities for the Next Generation of New York Attorneys, Apr. 2015
- Stephen P. Klein, Ph.D. and Roger Bolus, Ph.D., Analysis of July 2004 Texas Bar Exam Results By Gender and Racial/Ethnic Group, June 2006
- Katherine A. Austin, Catherine Martin Christopher & Darby Dickerson, Will I Pass the Bar Exam?: Predicting Student Success Using LSAT Scores and Law School Performance, 45 Hofstra Law Review, Forthcoming
Please check back often, as this page is frequently updated.